Friday, January 15, 2010

Good-bye, feet!

Things have evolved beyond the scope of the original project, which sounds a little bit like something Alice might have said after the tea cake started to kick in, but that would have been more of a confirmation than a new developement. I mean, the guy with the pocket watch was a rabbit, and honestly, after the "Drink me" thing didn't she really have to know "Eat me" was questionable advise? In any case, what started as one card that lays out where my life stands now and a gift I thought to give myself on my milestone birthday has clearly turned into a treasure hunt where the first clue is the card and the treasure is..well, the treasure. It makes sense though because what is a treasure hunt if not a guided tour.

I've never actually been on a treasure hunt before and I've been a little bitter about that until now. But I've forgiven my mother for teaching me the joy of warm chocolate pudding eaten right from the pan while you sit in the middle of your bed, WHICH I might add, is a really good time I don't recommend, so I don't see why I should hold a grudge over the treasure hunt thing. Besides, I have a feeling the ones she planned for my spoiled and evil younger brothers and sister would have paled in comparision. It's bad karma to say this, I'm sure, but I hope they would have paled because the loot at the end of them certainly would have, and for the record,my siblings are not evil,nor are they spoiled though I have no idea who pod peopled my parents by the time the younger two came along aaaand I happen to love them. Stuart, dude.. call me.

A program update seems in order for those of you keeping score, and well look! Oh my goodness, there are just none of you!! (Before, back when I wasn't taking the Guided tour, because I din't need no stinkin' guide and I'd also decided that maps, money, id, shoes and a clue were also unecessary overhead, you know, back when I was a crazy person, I would have never started until I'd done something goofy, as in "Hark! Now, I must plan me for the web server to handle the load of mine GIANORMOUS following that must surely become my adoring public." I'm better now. Now I listen more than plan.)

Er.. yes.. The program.

One truth in advertising declarations: the "now" as of the next post sealed in an envelope. Semper veritas.
One birthday present in the form of the treasure: A list of what would truly be a miracle should it manifest, given the starting point.
One treasure map that will document the path TO the treasure: This bit of binary benediction

Clue number one: The envelope that holds a description of my present reality as I see it, which I'm not sharing until I've found the treasure, but it's the only clue I won't share. I know all none of you are white knuckling your keyboard in frustration, but this card, into which I'm placing the description, pretty much says it all and I don't wanna talk about it...



Arnold Palmer, meet Ben Hogan

4 part Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon
8 parts sweet tea
juice of two lemons
1 part agave nectar
lemon twists


Add agave to tea and lemon juice until the agave is disolved. Pour tea mixture, crushed ice and bourbon into a shaker. Shake and pour into four martini glasses or one quart mason jar. Add a twist and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment