Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Three Wines

Frenchness precrop3

I’m having a dinner party this Thursday and being lead by a guide on my own travels, I’m using what is to get me where I’d love to be. In this case, it’s three bottles of wine that sit in my kitchen, unfinished, only partially loved and in need of a purpose, thus coq almost vs. coq au vin.france wine country     

 

 

 

Coq au vin is of course made with red wine, but the trinity of wines on hand are neither red nor are they French.  Still, I can think of no better use for them than for them to be shared with friends after they’ve spent the day coaxing the flavor into a meal and the week coaxing me to imagine being in Paris by Being in southern California, where I happen to sit.

balloons 

Three Wines Dinner

Shaved Saucisson with Grainy Mustard

Brown Bread
Radishes in Sea Salt with Butter
Kronenbourg Beer
 
 

Coq Almost

Wilted Asparagus in Browned Butter

with

Balsamic Glazed Slab Bacon

White Truffle Roasted Potatoes

Baby Carrots with Lemon Thyme

White Wine of  a yet to be determined variety

 
 
Berrys under “Brulee”d Crème Fraîche
French Pressed Coffee

Mother 123

2 comments:

  1. Once I attended a meal at your mother's house. She served 3 wines, one Texan (or maybe American), one Australian, and one French. So appropriate and fun to do. When I come see you and sleep on your floor I hope to be served 3 wines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And we'll all use bendy straws.

    ReplyDelete